- Submit reports on mentor matches and monitor the progress.
- Conduct National Background Checks on all mentors.
- Plan gathering events for all mentors and mentees once per quarter.
The Mentor Coordinator is active in selecting, screening, and ensuring new mentors are recruited, trained properly, and matched with the appropriate mentee. While providing leadership, and expertise this position also works to select volunteers who are serious and capable of handling all tasks and responsibilities assigned to them.
The ELMP Coordinator schedules and coordinates all events and trainings involving mentors and volunteers for the Life Enrichment Group. This position also monitors the progress of mentoring relationships and makes necessary changes if needed to maintain productivity and structure.
About the Role:Duties included but not limited to
- Recruit and enroll 50 mentors using a variety of recruitment strategies to enlist and enroll volunteer and mentors to support scholars across LEG programs.
- Develop mentor training curriculum and lead mentor training.
- Develop and implement mentor orientation.
- Match volunteer mentors with scholars.
- Provide ongoing match support to mentors.
- Provide match closure support for mentoring matches.
- Collect demographics and outcome data.