Main Functions: To serve as a supportive member of the Life Enrichment Group (LEG) program team. This role is responsible for delivering curriculum content to middle and high school aged youth in both school and community center settings. The role also may include online marketing, promotion, presentations, and tabling. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer (CPO), meets regularly with LEG staff, school staff, and serves as a liaison building a support network for each program participant.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Duties and responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Prepare and deliver Young QueensTM curriculum content in a group mentor setting.
- Recruit participants using a variety of marketing strategies.
- Collect and log attendance data at each session.
- Complete data tracking reports; data entry into database.
- Develop meaningful mentee/mentor relationships with participants; 1:1 Mentoring.
- Communicate and build relationships with site staff to support participants.
- Identify participant needs and refer participants to relevant community resources.
- Work closely with Academic Coordinator to assess & document educational needs of participants.
- Academic Support & Case Management.
- Coordinating community service and social events.
- Associates of Arts Degree or higher preferred in a social science related field or extensive experience working with youth from diverse background and experiences.
- Knowledge and expertise in mental health field preferred.
- Efficient organization skills; ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to captivate and engage an audience of teenage girls.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Reliability and dedication to the personal development of young ladies.