Life Enrichment Group recognizes that all young adults deserve support and stability so that they can become healthy, productive adults. Young people experiencing homelessness are coping with a major life disrupting event, or multiple events, that can have long lasting impacts on their developmental wellbeing. The Community Home @ the Beacon Center with the support of the City of Tacoma, aims to end the cycle of homelessness and help young adults build skills and resilience.
About the Job:
- Reports to Operations Director Bed assignment & Maintains bed availability log
- Distribution of bedding & toiletries
- Review of shelter Code of Conduct & secure client signature
- Review Security Protocol
- Tour of facility (bathroom, lockers, etc.)
- Back up for Intake Specialist
- Ensure all verification paperwork is completed as required by law and/or funding sources.
- Creates required reporting per schedule and ad hoc as needed
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service, behaving in a manner that cultivates trust, respect, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Ensure that each guest is receiving the support and services they require.
- Works collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including providing coverage for other staff as necessary and appropriate.
- Complete all documentation and data entry as required, in a timely manner (Progress notes, case management notes etc)
- Meet all requirements for record-keeping and usage of software systems, including time management systems, incident reporting systems, and communication systems.
- Assist in transportation of residents, including driving company vehicles.
- Attend and participate fully in expected meetings including but not limited to department meetings on-site meetings, community meetings, etc.
- Be appropriately available to colleagues, guests, and partners during work hours, including utilize work cell phone as necessary.
Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Other duties as assigned for operational excellence (i.e. culinary support, shelter cleaning etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service or related field preferred.
- Experience and passion to work with disenfranchised persons a must
- Flexibility in dealing with a variety of youth and tasks
- Professional Attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers License