JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operations Manager to the Community Home @ the Beacon Center, Tacoma,WA, a subsidiary of Life Enrichment Group, Non-Profit Organization, Seattle, WA.
Life Enrichment Group recognizes that all young adults deserve support and stability so that they can become healthy, productive adults. Young people experiencing homelessness are coping with a major life disrupting event, or multiple events, that can have long lasting impacts on their developmental wellbeing. The Community Home @ the Beacon Center with the support of the City of Tacoma, aims to end the cycle of homelessness and help young adults build skills and resilience.
About the Job:
Life Enrichment Group recognizes that all young adults deserve support and stability so that they can become healthy, productive adults. Young people experiencing homelessness are coping with a major life disrupting event, or multiple events, that can have long lasting impacts on their developmental wellbeing. The Community Home @ the Beacon Center with the support of the City of Tacoma, aims to end the cycle of homelessness and help young adults build skills and resilience.Maintain center operations including cleanliness, organization, and programming.
- Reports to Operations Director
- Maintains current and complete COVID ‐ 19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service, engendering an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration.
- Trains and assists staff as needed in regular job duties, including but not limited to case management activities, and housing-related paperwork.
- Ensures that new hires have completed core training as outlined in their onboarding plan.
- Monitors housing risks and leads team in tenant discussion, care coordination, and service planning.
- Monitors the quality of case management services to ensure that client care standards are met.
- Records all services in a timely, complete fashion, maintains up to date records and completes audits.
- Works with case management team to provide orientation to all new residents on caseload.
- Develop and maintain treatment/service plans for all guests.
- Develop interventions or linkages to address guests needs.
- Provide hands-on assistance and/or training to guests to support them in maintaining their housing in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that each guest is receiving the support and services they require to maintain their housing and support recovery, including assisting residents in problem-solving issues which may threaten their housing.
- Assist Executive Director and Behavioral Specialists in problem-solving regarding issues involving participants of the program.
- Works collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including providing coverage for other staff as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensure all verification paperwork is completed as required by law and/or funding sources.
- Provide crisis intervention as required and in collaboration with clinical staff and community partners.
- Complete all documentation and data entry as required, in a timely manner (Progress notes, case management notes etc.)
- Meet all requirements for record-keeping and usage of software systems, including time management systems, incident reporting systems, and communication systems.
- Attend and participate fully in expected meetings identified by the Executive Director including but not limited to department meetings, on-site meetings, community meetings, etc.
- Be appropriately available to colleagues, clients, and partners during work hours, including utilize cell phone as necessary.
- In partnership with the Executive Director and behavioral specialists identify, plan, and oversee initiative’s related to the shelter programs
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service or related field.
- Experience and passion to work with disenfranchised persons a must
- Flexibility in dealing with a variety of youth and tasks
- Propensity to work well with other agencies and community partners
- Capacity to represent agency appropriately and articulately in various settings
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers License and Insurance